Meetings & Events
Transform Your Meetings Into Inspiring Events at One of Virginia’s Most Charming Boutique Hotels
Contemporary sophistication meets historical tradition at our sprawling 100-acre estate, offering an array of meeting and conference options. Host any kind of gathering, from intimate board meetings or seminars to large trainings or corporate banquets for up to 250 guests.
The Clifton was originally constructed in 1799 as a classic colonial-style home for Thomas Jefferson’s daughter and husband, Martha Jefferson and Thomas Mann Randolph.
Interiors have been reimagined by the acclaimed Blackberry Design Group team to create a modern-day, chic country estate. Incorporating mid-century details throughout, the thoughtfully renovated property includes 20 guest rooms spanning five late 18th & early 19th-century buildings, a restaurant, bar and lounge, and bricklined wine cellar.
Plan Memorable Meetings and Stress-Free Events
Leave behind impersonal, windowless venues for our atmospheric settings, ranging from contemplative spots with cozy nooks and fireplaces to larger, airy spaces with natural light, fresh air, and surrounding woodland wonders. Southern style permeates our enchanting gardens, flower bed-edged croquet lawn, and court tent locations.
Clifton Events at A Glance
- Indoor and outdoor options offer the ideal space for any event. Explore venues.
- Square Footage: 272 - over 6,000 sq. ft.
- Capacity: 4 - 250 people
- Several indoor spaces convert into unique meeting areas with full AV capabilities and a state-of-the-art sound system.
- Guests enjoy a sparkling infinity pool, hot tub, private lake, and walking trails, all surrounded by sweeping views of the Blue Ridge Mountains and Jefferson’s Monticello.
- Full-service menu and beverage planning and exceptional catering cuisine range from breakfasts, lunches, and coffee breaks to cocktails and hors d’oeuvres or four-course dinners incorporating the bounty of our own organic vegetable and herb garden.
- Customized, dynamic meeting itineraries include team-building and bonding activities with on- and off-site options, including yoga and wellbeing, nature explorations, cognitive games, and wine or distillery tours and tastings. Explore Activities.
Our professional staff is full of creative ideas and will guide you through the entire booking and planning process.